I have a small laundry problem. It looks like this:
I’ve known about this problem for some time. And my question is, does anyone else have this problem?
It seems like either I’m exceptionally clean or my family is exceptionally dirty.
Or, alternatively, since I’m the one doing the laundry, I only put something in the hamper when I know it’s for sure dirty. I’m just going to have to wash it!
Since I’ve been thinking about this issue (is it even an issue? is this simply the way of the universe? or am I the only one with the mini pile?), I have a few questions for you readers.
- How often do you give your kids clean PJs?
- How often do you change your PJs? (Sorry, I know this is getting personal.)
- Do you, too, have a much smaller pile of laundered clothes than the rest of the family?
- Do you make any attempt to reduce the amount of laundry from kids and other family members? Is it even possible?
I’m doing an informal survey. Inquiring minds want to know. I’m terribly interested in your laundry habits, so spill it in the comments. Feel free to remain anonymous if it’s too embarrassing.
This is exactly what my laundry piles look like. My kids are older (17, 14, and 13), and I think that one thing to remember is they wear more than one outfit a day. School uniform (if applicable), sports practice clothes, and PJs. To answer your survey, though:
1. My kids usually wear a different set of PJs every night, even though I’ve told them it’s okay not to LOL
2. I usually wear my PJs for a couple of days.
3. Yes, much smaller.
4. There is no way to reduce it, I think, other than making sure that you get their dirty clothes every day. They’ll pile them up.
This was a great post. Thanks!