Have you decided what you are wearing for Thanksgiving?
I was recently invited to participate in the Brilliant Earth Signature Piece Challenge, building a mood board featuring one of their gorgeous cocktail rings. I decided to put together my dream Thanksgiving outfit, and as a centerpiece I chose their Daliya ring (#5 above, natch). I love the deep red of the garnet, and the intricate gold work on the sides of the ring is really unique. I love the vintage style.
To go with it, I pulled together these items:
1. Pintuck Crepe Blouse from Banana Republic: It’s kind of casual, kind of dressy; it’s comfortable but looks pulled together.
2. Sleek Linear Drop Earrings from Forever 21: They are simple but striking but won’t take away attention from the gorge cocktail ring. And you cannot beat the price at less than $5! (If you want to make your own version, check out my tutorial!)
3 & 4. For your nails, try using an oxblood base color and a gold-flecked top coat. I am fully doing this for Thanksgiving, and I’ll keep you updated. Try Essie’s Lacy Not Racy with OPI’s The Man with the Golden Gun top coat, which has real 18K gold flecks. Fancy!
5. Brilliant Earth’s Daliya ring!
6. Stella & Dot’s Avalon Crescent Necklace: I wear a lot of Stella & Dot stuff; their designs are beautiful and their prices are totally reasonable. I love this necklace to go with the cocktail ring because it’s a little bit art deco, a little bit modern, but simple.
7. Collection Cafe Capri in Berry Bouquet Shantung from J. Crew: How gorge are these pants? I love the pattern and the gem colors.
8. York Bootie by MICHAEL Michael Kors: You gotta have a bootie, right? Also, for the fall weather, wearing a substantial shoe keeps my feet warm!
So, what do you think? What would you wear for your dream fashion Thanksgiving?